Sunday, July 19, 2009

And now those thousand words...

I know I have been bad at updating, but isn't that how it goes? You start something so enthusiastically, a diary, journal, workout regime, etc., then something gets in the way. Usually life. Well here's me playing catch up.

Starting with the 4th (which ended quite traumatically, wouldn't you like to know), life has been lively. I've appreciated the MOMA, a quite phallic representation of modern art is currently (apparently) very popular, eaten crepes at Bastille Day, and gotten a horrific sunburn at Long Beach.

I would like to take a moment to digress on a slight notion that bothers me horribly. New Yorkers are entitled. Well, rather, they feel entitled to comment on your business. Why is it that when a person (namely myself) gets a sunburn, it is open for discussion? Yes, I know I am a walking advertisement for the American Cancer Association, yes I failed at sunscreen 101, yes it hurts, and yes I KNOW IT LOOKS BAD. So please, if you see my lobster legs traipsing around Manhattan today, PLEASE, don't comment. I know.

Internship wise, Redbook is fabulous. This week I walked away with an assortment of free goodies at both of my internships which makes the work feel worthwhile. Interns are people too ya know.

Downtime is important to me, and that is why I spent $13.00 to see Harry Potter. It was epic. Ron is hot. I also saw The Hangover, Brad Cooper is hot, and now I understand EVERYONE'S statuses.

On the dessert front I have found a new love. Berrywild Frozen Yogurt. I am heading there in approximately 25 minutes, and I can't wait. Cappuccino fro-yo with chocolate covered pretzel topping. Um yes please. Also a great cupcake at Burger's and Cupcakes makes the list (though no where near Baked by Melissa). I have to say though that Crumbs is climbing the list with each sample.

I know this is sporadic, unintelligible, and over all non-informative, but I promise to spend tonight getting a more accurate depiction of life up. Right now, all I can think of is fro-yo.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online